For the Hampton by Hilton Schiphol we are looking for an Front Office Supervisor fulltime per direct.
A broad Front Office function where you execute all recognized tasks as a receptionist, in changing services. Outside of the reception duties, you provide service to guests in the bar and you help during the breakfast service.
As Front Office Supervisor you will manage the front office team and transfer tasks in the following procedures: processing payments, transferring the cash register at the end of the service. Providing excellent service and guest experience; wake-up service, laundry, giving treasure information, taking care of restaurant reservations in the area. Prepare and serve drinks and small dishes in the bar and, if necessary, take care of the breakfast. You are accountable to the Front Office manager and you take care of, among other things, making orders, maintaining contact with suppliers (internal and external) and consulting with housekeeping.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Executing/coordinating and arranging all common reception tasks
• Coordinating and scheduling the various tasks during the various shifts (morning, evening, night), including planning, arranging, managing employees in work execution and personnel management
• Manage, in change services, the employees who are responsible for the day, evening and night reception
• Taking care of sales reports and being the contact person for the corporate bookers
• Treating guest reviews on social media
• Handling questions/complaints from guests
• Drafting/executing/checking and, where necessary, adapting procedures and checklists
• Coordinate and schedule the night reception and monitor the quality of the service
• Optimize the occupancy
• Identify areas for improvement within the department and take the initiative to take immediate action
• Monitor the professional appearance of the department. To this end, among other things, supervising compliance with the rules of procedure, clothing regulations and external care of the team
• Partly responsible for the cleanliness in the department, both in front of and behind the scenes, inside and outside the hotel
• Participating in the morning meeting and in the regularly held Front Office meeting
• Take care of the safety regulations from the hotel and InterContinental Hotels Group
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar job is required
• Good Dutch and English speaking skills, and preferably a third language
• Proficient in the usual Microsoft software, and experience in a PMS system (preferably Amadeus / Brilliant, Itesso)
• You have your own transport and/or you can reach our hotel 24/7
Who are we looking for?
• You are spontaneous with a radiant smile
• You have an eye for the guests and detail
• You are a solution-thinker
• You are representative
• You are helpful to guests and colleagues